refers to treatment of the musculoskeletal system that has been subject to injury or trauma, including strains, sprains and repetitive injuries; and aches and pains from pregnancy and birth.
- Get help throughout your pregnancy by preventing and/or treating your musculoskeletal problems and pain.
- Trisha can assist you in preparing for birth by helping you learn more about your pelvic floor and what to expect during birth and recovery.
- It is important to rehabilitate your abdominals and pelvic floor correctly after pregnancy with an individualized program.
- It is not just about your muscles and exercises…it’s how you move and breathe that also impacts the rehabilitation of your core.
- If you have a separation of your abdominal muscles, called a diastasis recti, rehabilitation of your core will also include properly fitting you for an abdominal binder.
Other Musculoskeletal Problems:
- Back and neck pain, and other spinal disorders.
- Extremities: hip, knee, ankle, shoulder and elbow pain.
- Muscular and joint dysfunction.
- Lower extremity overuse injuries.
- Sport- and work-related injuries.
- Bone health/osteoporosis.
- Musculoskeletal causes of pelvic floor dysfunction are common and are integrated into pelvic floor rehabilitation.